We are proud of our school meals and believe that they represent excellent quality as well as fantastic value for money. ABM Catering Ltd prepare and cook our healthy and delicious school meals. They source food produce from local suppliers wherever possible, in order to both support local businesses and to minimise the distance food travels. Many items are grown on site by the children themselves so that they can enjoy the experience of planting, growing, harvesting and eating the freshest of food - We pride ourselves on having something grown onsite on our menu daily. Our allotments are a popular part of life at CCSJ.
If your child has any food allergies or dietary requirements please let us know. All major food allergens are clearly displayed, and staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.
School meals cost £2.30
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please speak to the school office if you think you might qualify.
Your child will be able to get universal free school meals if they’re in:
- Reception class
- Year 1
- Year 2
Please tell the school office if you also get any of the qualifying benefits as our school might be able to get additional funding if you do.